Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 68: Seeing Green

Monday, March 21st 2017  



      We had a pretty good week! We did lots of finding and we're pretty successful! I'm feeling a bit more comfortable. I can get around a little bit more and know a few more members so slowly but surely I'm adjusting! It was a good week so I'll give you a highlight from each day!
       Tuesday was great! We went to the trailer to contact some formers. While walking we hear a lady yell "Oh geez I got paint all over me!" So we walk over to see if we can help and we get to talking! Her name is Penny and she said we can stop by anytime and even referred us to a couple of her neighbors in the park! We prayed with her and left her with our card!
       Wednesday was district meeting and interviews with President Marston! I am so grateful for him! He is so inspired and has so much love for us! We talked about Peace and Jesus Christ. He asked us to come prepared with a scripture on a principle of peace. I chose Moses 1:3-4
3 And God spake unto Moses, saying: Behold, I am the Lord God Almighty, and Endless is my name; for I am without beginning of days or end of years; and is not this endless?
4 And, behold, thou art my son; wherefore look, and I will show thee the workmanship of mine hands; but not all, for my works are without end, and also my words, for they never cease.

       I know that I am a daughter of God and that He knows and loves me. He is not only the Creator and Master of the universe, but my Father in Heaven. I am in His hands and He has a plan for me. I don't always understand it or want it, but I know that His plan is far better in the end than I could ever dream of. 

        He asked what brings me peace. For me, there's too many to answer. But my greatest source of peace I've found on my mission is when I do everything I can to be right with God. When I am obedient not only to the rules but especially to the Spirit! Being worthy and led no guided by the spirit is the greatest feeling. Obedience brings confidence in doing His work! And I need all the help I can get!

       Thursday we did service at Sunrise Senior Center. Today they asked us to give hand and feet massages....okay. So I gave an old lady a hand massage...it was interesting. I can now say that I've done it. Thankfully she wanted to play bingo enough that she was willing to skip the feet! So we played bingo! Haha

         Later that day we had a lesson with David, one of the referrals from Penny! He is wheelchair bound and has a lot of questions about the purpose of life. We taught the Plan of Salvation and focused on Gods love and choice. He couldn't understand why he would ever choose the life he has. It wasn't anything that Sister T or I could really answer. We testified that God loves him and whether he thinks it or not, God has a wonderful plan for him. We invited him to pray about his purpose and what God would have him do. Our hearts broke for him a little! So please pray for David! We have a return appointment this week so we will let you know how it goes!

       Friday we weekly planned and had dinner with the Struttens! It was St.Pattys day so they went all out with everything green! Green spinach tortilla quesadillas, pistachios, guacamole, lime rice, and green sherbet w/sprite! It was sooooo yummy!! They made rainbow fudge and little pot of gold for desert! Such a cute family and fun dinner!!

      Saturday we had a great visit with James! He taught us the Restoration and he did such a good job I was so proud! Ive only taught him twice but he has a sincere desire to connect with God! After our lesson I had a serious ice cream craving haha So we tracked down the nearest McDonalds for a cone! We gave a pass along card to the cashier at the drive through so it was two birds one stone!

       Sunday was probably my favorite day of this entire week!! Church was awesome, we studied and took a little cat nap because I was exhausted! We had dinner then hit the pavement! We had some awesome chats with people and a lot said we could come back too! I just felt like myself and I really felt the spirit with me and guiding me as to what I should say!! It felt SOOOO GOOD!!

        We started a 31 day study of the Atonement in the mission. Every day we get an email from President. It's been amazing to have Christ the focus of my studies each day, especially to study about His love for us. It's truly helped me during the day to have Him on the forefront of my mind! I love Jesus!!

Oh and the title is reference to an article I read on LDS.org! It's so good! Y'all should read it!!

Love you lots!

Sister Emily Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment