Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Week 57: Happy New Year!!

Monday, January 2, 2017



            This year we have been knocking a ton of doors! Very few opened and invited us in. But we were obedient and diligent. We were able to contact some who did say we could come back after the holidays, so hopefully we will have some more people to teach pretty soon!

We had dinner with the M's this week and she made this amazing spaghetti casserole! She even gave us leftovers! For our dinner thought we showed them the video, "The red bicycle". At the end it shares the scripture Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool".

I love this scripture because it shows the power of Christ's Atonement and His love for us. I know that this is true, I know that when we repent, when we truly wish to change that is when we can be completely clean of our sins and wrongdoings. How grateful I am for my Savior Jesus Christ and His Atoning sacrifice for each and every single one of us.

We had a really good lesson with L! She's been praying and doing a lot better with smoking! We are going to start the stop smoking packet with her to help! Sister Cowden and I can both see the light that she has growing brighter and brighter! 

Oh Happy New Year!! Can't believe it is 2017 already! This year has flown by! I'm grateful to have spent all of 2016 as a missionary and as a representative of my Savior. I wouldn't trade my experiences of this past year for anything. But this is the year I come home which is crazy to think about, bittersweet but let's not talk about it.


On Sunday Sister Cowden and I taught Relief Society and guess what our topic was?! MISSIONARY WORK!! We based it off a talk called "The Summer of the Lambs" from 1989 October General Conference. She talks about the importance of nurturing others into the fold of the Gospel. It is so important that we don't force and that we work together in unity and love.

Sunday night we had a miracle happen! After a long week of knocking doors, we received a referral from the Yuba Elders for man named C! He is so solid and has such a bright light within him. He is excited and so ready to learn! We were able to share the Christmas video with him and set up a return appointment. He texted us later thanking us for coming by and that he is looking forward to Tuesday. Miracles like him make hard weeks so worth it.

I am loving Gridley and I am so so so happy! Thank you for your prayers, love and support!

Trust God and believe in good things to come!

Love y'all!


Sister Emily Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment