Monday, December 19, 2016

Week 54: Learning and Lighting

Monday, Dec 12th 2016

Okay I'm trying to make these shorter, but I'm not sure how successful I will be! But here ya go!

Tuesday we passed Rafael over to the Spanish sisters. I don't know Spanish really, but it was honestly one of the most spiritual experiences I've had in Gridley! We shared the Christmas video and they introduced the Book of Mormon to one of Rafael's friends. We found out later that as he read Moroni 10 he was telling Hermana B... how powerful it was and that he wanted to keep reading! The Book of Mormon is amazing. It has literally improved my relationship with my Heavenly Father. It really is the word of God and it is true!

We had a really good lesson with Linda R. She has been struggling to read the Book of Mormon, so we decided to do a topic study on prayer. We went to the index and each picked out a scripture about prayer, read it and talked about it. I picked Moroni 8:26 "And the remission of sins bringeth meekness, and lowliness of heart; and because of meekness and lowliness of heart cometh the visitation of the Holy Ghost, which Comforter filleth with hope and perfect love, which love endureth by diligence unto prayer, until the end shall come, when all the saints shall dwell with God."

Prayer is direct communication with God, our loving Heavenly Father. It is through prayer that we can repent and ask for forgiveness. It is a way that we show our love for God and He shows our love for us. When we pray we are filled with the spirit and can receive revelation. Prayer isn't always easy but it is oh so important! I know that God loves us each and hears our prayers. He answers them in His own time and in a way that we need even if it isn't what we want. 

Saturday was a really good day! Roark in Auburn was baptized!! Roark was a self referral and I was there to teach him the first lesson with Sister D...! He remembered me, but I didn't ask to go down because had a lot going on! But I'm so happy for him!! 

We went Caroling that night and sang to a sweet man named Bill who is an investigator in the Gridley first ward. We sang a couple songs to hymn and as we were saying Merry Christmas, he put his hand on his heart and started to cry as he thanked us. It felt so good to bring light and joy into his life just by spontaneously singing! The spirit was definitely felt by all of us!

We got transfer news and  Sister C....r is going to Redding 5th!! My greenie area!! I was so happy I screamed when I found out!! She is going to love it there and do so well! I'm so glad she is going! And Sister C.....n is coming here!!! We lived together in Redding and she has such a sweet and happy spirit! She has a light in her eyes and a deep love for the Savior and the gospel! The ward is going to adore her!!

I am so excited for this next transfer!! Transfers are always bittersweet. I will really miss Sister C....r. I have learned so much from her these past 6 weeks. She is diligent and bold and so loving. She sees potential and wants to uplift and knows that the gospel can truly improve a persons life, if they allow it too. I will miss her dearly!




I know that God loves us! 

I love y'all!
Sister Emily Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment