Wednesday, December 16, 2015

#miracles




Wow I cannot believe another week has flown by!! Its crazy how fast time moves!! Tomorrow is my one month mark out!!!hip hip hooray!! Imade it a month!! Only 17 to go!
First investigator lesson! Finally had a lesson with Morgan!! She is so sweet and the Spirit there was fantastic! I'm so excited for our next lesson with her! 

I don't even remember what happened since I last wrote. All I know is that the more I open my mouth and testify of Christ, the more I love it and the more motivated I am to share the gospel. They all call it Greenie Fire, but I'm doing my best to make sure I have it for 18 months!! Speaking of, I hit my month mark!! So I have 17 1/2 months to go (I go home two weeks after I hit 18 months) I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!! I dread the day I have to take off my name tag, so I'm going enjoy every second of it!



ITS ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!! Thanks grandma for the hats, there super cute!! And thanks to everyone who wrote a note for me for the 25 days of Christmas! It makes me so happy to hear y'alls  support from home!!
Sister Watson and I went tracting (knocking on doors and talking to strangers (children of God)). So for any RMs you know what tracting means, it means you have no one to teach and all your less actives have been visited, it's your last resort and you’re desperate. So Sister Watson "randomly" (Gods hand is in everything, nothing is coincidence) gets an email from a missionary in Canada, and it's a 50 page packet of finding ideas (if any missionaries want it, let me know and I'll send it to you) and in it was giving a church tour, so we thought hey maybe
we could do that.  So we pray where to go tracting and head out. So we start tracting and not many people answer the door and if they do we asked them if we could share a short Christmas video and they say no. Until we get to one neighborhood, and all of a sudden Sister Watson was
an inviting a lady to a church tour on Saturday at 4 at the Sunflower building, she seemed super interested and asked how to get there, we gave her a card with our number and left. I was like so I guess we're having a church tour!! So that's what we did, for probably 30+ houses we invited people to the church tour! And people actually said they would be there!!! That was Thursday (I think), so Saturday rolls around, and we go to the church and set up the whole building and practice; we bring a TON of pamphlets and copies of the Book of
Mormon. So it's like 3:53 and a car pulls up and we got so excited, but it was our ward mission leader. And 15 minutes after 4, still no one comes, so I turn to Sister Watson and say "even if no one comes, the church is still true and God still loves us." So 4:30 comes and a car pulls up, but it's the other sister missionaries. So it's like 4:45 and we've come to terms that no one is coming. So we do what missionaries know best (well one of them) ROLE PLAY! So the sisters and the ward mission leader and his wife, were all none members and we just gave them the
tour. Which still went super awesome! The spirit was sooooo strong, especially in the Chapel. That room is so sacred and special. So although no one came, it was still a great experience and being able to testify of the restored gospel and the atonement of Jesus Christ, grew my own testimony.
I went to my first ward council!! The ward is the bomb!! I mean so willing to help us!! We are fed every single night!! which is amazing!!


SHORT VERSION OF THE STORY: I cannot believe how much the Lord and this work has changed me for the better. He is smoothing out my edges, I can feel it. Sister Watson and I went tracting today and saw miracle after miracle. I finally opened my mouth and boy was it filled. It's so much fun to do the work of the Lord, and when someone stops you mid-sentence and tells you they aren't interested, it's okay, they just aren't ready yet, he is not the one the Lord has prepared for us, and
then we move to the next house, with faith that they will answer, will feel the spirit, and let us in. Nobody let us in, but that's okay. Happiness was a 10 today. Open your mouth and it shall be filled. 




Today we had a bbq and went sledding in Mount Shasta!! We're pretty much the only missionaries in California that have this opportunity to go sledding in the mountains so we're taking advantage!!! It was so much fun!! There are some fun videos too but I don't have them yet! And yes I am wearing Sperry’s and yes I went sledding in them, that part wasn’t
very fun haha but we're in Cali so no one had snow gear.
Love,
Sister Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment