Sunday, December 6, 2015

California Dreamin'





November 30, 2015
At the airport
I'm in California!! Oh my goodness it's great out here! We got up at 3
am and headed to the airport! Our flight was at 8 am, we were all
exhausted, I think I got like an 1 1/2 hours of sleep that night so I tried to sleep on the plane. So then we when to the mission office (which is Nicole's church building) and got instructions and met every one. They noticed we were falling asleep so they let us each take a pew in the chapel and take a nap. I'm not even kidding. For like 25 minutes 7 elders and sisters slept in the chapel in the dark.   After we continued orientation than went to the hotel where we stayed the night. We got like 9 hours of sleep it was sooooo nice!!! 
New missionaries
 Then we had more orientation and got our trainers!


 I got Sister Watson!! She's amazing and I'm learning so much and we are already good friends so that's awesome.

We are in Redding. Which is the very north end of the mission, because we not in the best part of town, we are allowed to come in early and do my 12 week missionary training at night.
It is beautiful out here. We are right by the mountains and the moon gets huge and it's just beautiful.
She's a greenie!

The welcome she got from her roommates!

The members are all super nice and we've met some less actives and
they're all super nice too. I'm super excited to meet our investigators and pray I can be of help.  I love this gospel. I have seen it change lives. It has changed mine. I can't wait to help those searching for truth and who are prepared to receive it. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I regret not searching and pondering like I do now. It is soooo true, there is no doubt in my mind.
Be kind to people,
Love you,
Sister Gore
Sorry I typed up a better letter but I'm an old lady when it comes to
technology and deleted it so it will better next week

No comments:

Post a Comment