Sunday, July 17, 2016

week 30: Miracles and Change




June 27, 2016

      This week we have seen so many miracles! I realized that it
became hard for me to see the Lords hand in my life each day. So
Sister M. and I got out the handy dandy white board and decided
that each day we would write down at least one miracle we saw! As we started to look for them, we began to find them. Every. Single. Day. It was amazing. We actually started last Saturday but I wanted to be able to report a whole of miracle searching.
       So I think I told you about the list the Ward council gave us
to find out if a bunch of members live at the address we have.
Well we have been trying our best to see them but the majority either are not home or ignore us, so we have not had much luck with that. But as we've expanded our efforts we have found! Instead of just knocking on the names we have, we've started knocking on neighbors or sometimes the whole street, and we have been able to find and hand out copies of the Book of Mormon. We handed out more Book of Mormons this past week then we did in the entire transfer! I love the Book of Mormon! I know with all my
heart that it is true, that it is Gods word and Joseph Smith did
translate it. I know that it will help us receive answers to our
questions and bring peace and comfort into our lives as we read and
ponder daily.
        We had an experience this week that really testified to me the
importance of sticking to the doctrine of Christ. In our last lesson
with T., he asked us where God came from? Obviously no one knows the answer to this; we said that we don't know and that it is based
on faith. But different speculations were brought up and T. just held
on to it and couldn't let it go. He has been pondering this now and it
was brought up again in the lesson this week. We tried to clarify but
he wouldn't have it. He texted us and asked us to stop by to answer
more of his questions about God. Sister M. and I were pretty
nervous. We didn't want it to become a bash and we didn't want our
mistake to cause him to stop meeting us. We prayed for the inspiration to know what to say and know how to help him. We decided that we would just listen. Listen to his thoughts and questions and then be honest.
I was able to bear my testimony of the basic and simple truth that God is our Eternal Heavenly Father who knows us and loves us. It was quite a beautiful moment. He felt more at peace after our visit. I am grateful for this experience because it showed me how important it is to teach the doctrine of Christ and only the doctrine.
My MTC told us to "teach the doctrine of Christ, nothing more, nothing less."
     We were finally able to have a lesson with a girl named B.
She is C's, a teenage girl in our ward, friend from high
school. She has met with missionaries in the past but because of
school and sports she wasn't able to meet until this week!! She is so
sweet! She was so excited to meet us and hear more of the gospel. We taught the Restoration and her eyes were clued to us as we taught. We  could tell she was feeling the Spirit. I was able to share my testimony of the Atonement and my gratitude to my Father in Heaven who gave us His son to die for us, so that we don't have to go through the hardships of this life alone. B. also expressed her gratitude for her Savior. We invited her to be baptized and she said that some day she would like to do that. We're hoping as she learns she will draw closer to her Savior and her desire to be baptized will grow, but in all things, we will see what happens!!
               OH MY GOODNESS I ALMOST FORGOT!! This coming week is transfers so we found out that Sister M. is leaving Lincoln and shot gunning an area in Chico!! I am so sad she is leaving! I was so hoping we would stay together another. I have learned so much from her and she has become one of my dearest friends! But she will do great things! My new companion will be Sister P! I don't know her too well, but I am so excited to get to know her and work in Lincoln 2nd with her!!
Whelp that was my week! I'd love to hear about yours!!
Love ya lots,
Sister Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment