Sunday, September 4, 2016

week 38: HUMP DAAAYY



 Monday, August 22, 2016
 
Sister Dee & Sister Gore
Wowzah! I can't even believe it! I'm half way done! I'm on the downward slope, this is crazy. It has gone way to fast, and still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing! Well, actually I am much more trusting of the Lord and much more confident in my abilities to serve Him well. So I have come a bit, but still have a long ways to go! It again has just been crazy! We are trying to figure this place out and it's not coming as easily as I would like. My struggle right now is that I want Sister Dee to have a really good experience; the Lord is trusting me to help her. But because we are shot gunning, I really can't introduce her to anyone because I've never met them myself, so sometimes I feel clueless. She's totally understanding though and is always ready to help and wants to serve! So I'm very grateful she is my companion.  Anyways, we are still trying to get organized. I realize I won't be able to be completely organized (have appointments set up, people mapped out on MapsMe, know that area like the back of my hand, know the Ward members, etc.) before we go out and do work. So I am trying to find the balance, between studies, organizing the area book (did I mention it was a mess, because it was a mess), setting up appointments, meeting with auxiliaries, 12 week training, travel time, eating, the list could go on forever. So getting straight to work has been a challenge. Sister Dee's greenie Fire, is totally rubbing off (thank goodness) so I just want to just find everyone and teach them, there is just so much to do, and I feel like I need to get it all done today, right now or oh too late. In the back of my mind I know this isn't true, there is 12 weeks to learn and do! I have to pace myself to about an hour at a time and sometimes less. Moving this slow is hard, I have to always have a plan or come up with one on the spot. I have to initiate just about everything now, which I don't mind too much.  But I haven't been this exhausted since being trained myself. Spiritually, physically, emotionally draining, whew! Anyways on to our week! We started with calling people, most of whom didn't pick up. But we got a few return appointments so yay!


We had a great lesson with J. as usual. We taught the Plan of Salvation. The spirit was powerful and he said at the end of it that his mind was clear and that it all made sense to him. I love the
K. family!



Sorry this is so short, but the week was great but crazy! I love my mission! I love my Savior and I am so grateful to be a disciple of him!
Pray for missionary opportunities and follow promptings!
Love y'all
Sister Gore
🙌🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment