Sunday, February 12, 2017

Week 61: The Church is True, the Book is Blue

 
Monday, January 30th 2017

Well what a week! I think I have eaten at most of the restaurants in Gridley and Live Oak in just this past week. I have so many left overs in the fridge it's crazy! Members were just giving us money or taking us out. 

We went to ABC Chinese, Black Bear Diner, Subway, Betty's Mexican, Ice Burgies and Safeway. 

Tuesday was a kickin day! We had  5 lessons that day! We met with Beau L... and started talking to him about being baptized. He doesn't say much, but he smiles a lot and we can feel his love for Heavenly Father and know that we is going to be very prepared. 

Tuesday was also the day that Sister W., my trainer and Sister P., who was Sister C.'s trainer, went home. They served full, honorable missions and had wonderful influence on us. We spent a lot of the day talking about them and all the things we learned and how much they helped shape our missions. Sister W. was always positive about every situation. For her every day was the best day ever. She was also a spiritual giant. She was so in tune and it really helped me to learn to rely on the Spirit. I know that these companionships are truly inspired. 

Wednesday we drove down to Yuba City for the Worldwide Missionary Broadcast. The leaders of the church put together a broadcast for us to learn about how me can be more diligent and effective servants. They talked about the importance of repenting and keeping the commitments that we have given to our investigators. We talked about having faith and relaying on and trusting in the Spirit to lead and guide us.

Some changes were made to the schedule that allows for some leniency on when we want to study. We now only have 30 of comp study and we do our planning during the day. We also only get 30 mins for lunch. But pday now starts at 8am instead of 10am, so I'm quite grateful for that.

I'm grateful for the inspired leaders who take the time to help us and share their love for us. I know that all these changes were directed by Heavenly Father.

That night we had the opportunity to go to mutual and talk to the MIA Maids about missions. We talked about our most spiritual experiences and some of the creepers. We talked about the restoration of the gospel and how blessed we are to have the fullness of the gospel back on the earth. I'm so grateful for Joseph Smith and his courage and desire to know the truth.

So I realized that I'm come close to the end. A sister asked if I was doing the The 138 day count down, which is when you read The Doctrine & Covenants backwards. Ima little behind but I love the Doctrine & Covenants. I'm not counting down the days, but as I study the scriptures each day, I am preparing to make the day count. (If that makes sense) Its crazy how time flies when your having fun.

Sunday was such a a good Sabbath!! Brother H. gave a talk on repentance and the Atonement. He said,"It won't be standing before God with all the bad things we have done. But we will stand before God as who we are with/through the Atonement of Jesus Christ."

I'm so incredibly grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He knows and loves each one of us personally. I know that we can receive strength beyond our own because of Him.

I hope you all have a wonderful week. Pray for and expect miracles!



Sister Emily Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment