Sunday, March 6, 2016

week 14: #IBELEIVEINMIRACLES





This week was by far the BEST WEEK EVER!! Well so far. But oh my
goodness SO MANY MIRACLES!! But it actually didn't start out that way.
I was for the first time, feeling kind of homesick. I missed my family
and the environment I used to live in. I struggled to have the desire
to do work. But as I prayed for guidance, the Lord blessed me with the
courage and strength to preserver. So I had a change of heart and
change of attitude and the week got better. So because we don't have
many people we are teaching, we have been teaching the missionary
discussions to active members. It's actually a lot of fun, really good
practice, and helps the members see what we teach people. So we were
teaching the Gardner family, well the mom and the three teenage kids,
and the spirit was so strong! Well Sister G called us Thursday morning and told us that after we left they had scripture study and talked about the lesson, and her kids were just shocked that we need to teach people that God loves them, and that it's not common knowledge. So they decided to pray to find someone for us to teach! And the next morning Sister Gardner got a phone call from Carmen and
Hector who came to the Christmas party and sacrament meeting and she
told her that she wants to meet with us and take the lessons!!!!! Like
what!?! Miracles are real! God knows us and loves us! I know He has a
plan for each one of us and everything happens in His timing! We then
did greenie hour with Elder J and Elder S and the other sisters! I'm not a greenie anymore
… but it was so amazing! We practiced taught and it was super helpful learning how we can be better teachers! We went over some of the first lesson and just how we can make sure we are focusing on the investigator and how the
gospel can help them in their lives, instead of just testifying how the gospel has helped us in our own! I love learning from other missionaries!!
FRIDAY- okay wow! Okay I don't even know where to begin!! Well we had
weekly planning and that was good! But then it was just a cruddy day.
I was not in the mood at all to do work and I wanted to cry and sleep, my self esteem was down the drain and it was day that Satan was real, just telling me I wasn't good enough! I don't like Satan. Pretty much we both just weren’t happy, but we did work anyways. We tried seeing some potentials but nobody was home, which is probably a good thing because I just wasn't happy. T called and we had to push back the lesson and it was a miracle Sister T could still come because she made a big difference in that lesson when she shared her testimony. Well first let me just say that T IS ON DATE!!! HE’S GETTING BAPTIZED!!! We were reviewing the Restoration with him and he brought up baptism and asked why we needed to be baptized. We explained that it's a covenant we make with God, and that our sins are washed away and we can start with a clean slate. We explained that it needs to be with the proper authority. And he said (and I quote) "oh, then I'd like to get baptized in the Mormon church" so we officially asked him and he said yes!!! He has sooo much faith!! He can't read very well, but has told us since the first lesson that he knows God will help him! He's golden!! I am grateful to know T! I am grateful for his great faith! I am grateful that the Lord trusts me to help him, to be able to experience the joy of watching him grow and learn in the Gospel. I am grateful to be here. I can't described so I'll let the scriptures in Alma 26: 11-12 11 "But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." This is how I feel, my heart is to the brim with Joy, it is the Spirit teaching T but I am grateful to be an instrument in the Lords hand!
Sunday was fantastic!!! T came to church!! Carmen and Hector and their son came, too!!! It's was AMAZING!! We taught the Gospel Principles class,  which was so good because the lesson was on the Atonement. It was a bit of a challenge because everything we said had to be translated into Spanish for Carmen and Hector, but 14 people (usually there's like 5) came!!!! I'm just sooo excited!!!



This week I have realized that the ‘want’ and ‘shoulds’ of missionary work
are not always the same. For example Sister W will ask, "do we want to go Tracting?" And I say well what I want is different than what we should do. I don't like that they are different and so I am going to try to make them the same so that I want to do what I should do. Missionary work is hard but it's also so rewarding and I have never ever been happier.
Love y'all so much!
This church is so true!
Sister Gore
 


No comments:

Post a Comment