Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 16: #sassyfingersnap




Wow what a week!! All I can say is the church is true and God loves us! Okay remember Hector and Carmen, the Venezuelan couple who came to the Christmas party. Well we had two lessons with them and they were both AMAZING!!! They love the Book of Mormon!! The Spirit was so strong. They only speak Spanish so we need to have a translator but it's amazing to see the Spirit work. I don't know very much Spanish, but before Sister M even translates I can feel what they said, I don't know word for word but I understand what they said. We taught them the Restoration and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and not only did they read the chapter we gave them, they started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning. They said once they read they we're converted. Carmen expressed to us that this is what they were looking for and Hector, who doesn't talk as much, feels the peace he has been searching for and learns more and more. They are getting baptized on April 9th!! I am so excited, they have so much faith! They started talking about families; Hector expressed a desire to be with his family forever. We bore testimony that that can happen!! They lit up and tears were brought to all of our eyes. This is what it's all about.

This week I had my first Zone Conference!!! It was so fun! All missionaries are asked to prepare a 5 minute talk, the topic this time was "how has my study of the Book of Mormon, increased my testimony of the Savior and His Atonement." I'm really glad I prepared. After lunch and our Zone’s musical number, I had a feeling I'd be called up, and sure enough whose name was the first they called? Me …  It went better than expected. And singing the mission song is always fun even though I don't know it yet! Haha it was only our zone (12 Missionaries) and Anderson zone (10 Missionaries) so it was super tiny so we just had it in the relief society room. We got to see the Easter initiative and it is SO GOOD!! I want to encourage you all to go to Mormon.org and watch it and share it on social media and show it to as many people as you can!!


Tuesday we went on exchanges!! I LOVE EXCHANGES WITH SISTER S!! They got into an accident on Sunday so we were on bikes and it was so much fun!!


Friday was my 4 month mark!! I can't believe I’ve been out that long, which isn't long at all, but it's gone by sooo fast!!


We taught Relief Society which was super fun! We taught on the topic "finding Joy in troubled times" or something like that! We think it went super well!! It's lesson 4 in the Ezra Taft Benson manual and I'd invite you all to read through it!!


We have seen so many miracles this week! I can't say it enough! I know this church is true! God loves each one of us!! I read President Utchdorf’s talk, "Be not afraid, only believe" and it's so good!! One of my favorite quotes was: "I wish I could help everyone to understand this one simple fact: we believe in God because of things we know with our heart and mind, not because of things we do not know.  Our spiritual experiences are sometimes too sacred to explain in worldly terms, but that doesn’t mean they are not real." I want to encourage you to focus on the truths you do know and
understand and not to let the things you don't know discourage the things you do. Don't let Satan get you down!!

I love being a missionary!
Love,
Sister Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment