Sunday, April 10, 2016

week 17: #hallelujah



 
Hiking 

This week was pretty tough for me. I just wasn't very happy and I
didn't like that so then I became more unhappy because I didn't like
not being happy. But as the week went on it got better so all is well
now.

First off, Sister Watson rolled her angle last pday playing
basketball. It swelled up pretty bad and since it was her right foot,
it hurt too much to drive, so guess who got to drive for half the
week? That's right, this sister! So that actually made me super happy
because I love driving and I miss doing it! But because it was so
swollen we had to ice it like 7 times. She had to stick her foot in a
bucket of ice water for 20 mins at a time and for anyone who knows
Watson she HATES the cold! I felt pretty bad because she was
miserable, but her foot is pretty much all healed so it was worth it!
Not much happened this week, the weather has been super nice, so no
one has been home which is frustrating. We had a lesson with the
G’s  (H, C and H Jr their son) we taught the plan of salvation but it didn't go as planned but that's okay because we have a lesson with them tonight in the Ga.’s home and Sister Ga. is super sweet and really good friends with them so we're pretty excited!!
Oh our washer has been broken for the past two weeks so we've been
washing our clothes in the bathtub. The repair man came to fix it, but
he ended up being there for almost 2 hours and didn't actually fix it.
Then he came back two days later and still couldn't fix it, so we'll
have to figure something out until we can get a new one, because I do
not have time to wash my clothes in the bath tub. We'll probably end
up using a members, our wards pretty cool so it shouldn't be a
problem.
Friday we had an emergency half mission conference in Chico. Pretty
much, President isn't happy with the lack of diligence and the
increase of disobedience. It was a bit of a thrown down, and the
"guilty take the truth to be hard," so it wasn't bad for me
because I strive to be diligent and obedient. I am very grateful for
his council and love for us. He believes in the Atonement and just
wants us to be happy. Here's what I got from it:
-Satans little minions are after us. How do we put on the armor of
God? Get up on time! Why? Proof of obedience, miracles can happen in
our work. Don't lose that battle, start your day by winning that
first war. If one falls, pick them up. If you’re not getting up at 6:30
in the morning, are you doing all you can do? It's a pattern of
righteousness.
Where is your heart? What is the desire of your heart? If you’re not
getting up on time are you putting on your full armor? (Getting up on
time was a struggle before, I have repented and have been waking up on
time ever since)

-Serve with all your heart, might, mind and strength, even if it
hurts every single day.
-We cannot be casual. We did not come into the mission with the
expectation to be casual and disobedient, but the fiery darts slowly
bring us down. By small means, great things come to pass, good or bad.
It starts somewhere.

-In all that we do, we should be doing the right thing. We need to be
careful in our considerations. Would I do that if the Savior were with
me? If not, I probably shouldn't do it.

-Sometimes those minions are ourselves. We are our worst critics, but
it's so easy to justify, but we cannot.

-Those minions are going to try to find the chinks in your armor and
try to poke at you. If you are obedient as you can be, you will be
blessed in your companionship and blessed in a pattern of righteous
living that will carry throughout the rest of your life, in your
friendships, relationships, family life.

-You chose it. As you faithfully serve, you will be happier than you
ever will be in your entire life.  When you get into bumps, those
patterns help you get back on track.

-The Atonement is real, we can be clean and pure and worthy again, if
we are truly repentant.
So yeah, we are definitely striving to be more obedient and diligent
because it brings miracles not only into our lives, but into the lives
of our investigators as well.

T. Where do I even start. We haven't been able to see him in a
while. He hasn't been coming to church and we had to drop his
baptismal date, but he still wants to meet and progress towards
baptism so we are excited for him!!

I am so excited for this week!! We have some lessons with the G’s
and T. this week, the women's conference is on Saturday and then
Easter!! I can't believe it's almost here! I am so grateful to be a
missionary during this beautiful time to share the message of the
Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful so him and his sacrifice.
Because of Him, we all can find new life.
 Love y'all

Sister Gore
🙌🏻


No comments:

Post a Comment