Sunday, April 10, 2016

week 19: #yayforconference




Well another week has a come and gone and it was fantastic!  But
before I get into it, it's transfer week! And sadly it is time for
Sister Watson to go :( I am definitely going to miss her, we've become
best friends so that's hard, but I'm super excited for my new
companion Sister Taylor! Oh plus, I'm designated driver!! So I am
stoked about that! So I will probably be in the car for like 6 hours
Tuesday, but I get to leave Redding and see people so I'm so
excited!

Oh so we passed Tony over to first Ward. We always had to bring a woman with us and it was hard to schedule, so we gave him to the first ward Elders. We had to move the G families baptism because we don't have time to teach all the lessons. But they are still super excited and just have so much faith! We had a lesson with them this week and we invited them to keep the commandments which includes keeping the Sabbath day and not using the Lords name. Hector expressed his testimony of already seeing blessings in their lives and said that if they need to do it they will.
This week has been filled with many emotions leading up to transfer
emails and conference. Lots of heart to hearts and pow wows! We met
with our new investigator M. this week. She had a lot of questions
about the role of families in the church. So it was a lot of questions
and answers but I loved being able to share some experiences I had
growing up, with how our family was run. I am grateful to know that my
family will be together forever. I am grateful for the respect my
parents have for each other and that they taught us to respect and
love each other.

I don't know if I even want to talk about conference! I'm afraid if I
start I will never be able to stop! It was so incredibly good! I loved
every single message! In every talk, it really stood out to me that we
are all children of God, that's the most important thing we can
understand.  Loved what Utchdorf said, "The sheep is worthy of Divine
rescue simply because he is loved by the good Sheppard." There is no
person not worthy of our Saviors love. He loves us endlessly and
perfectly. I am so grateful for that knowledge, I have felt that in my
own life and I'm so grateful to be able to share that message with the
people of Redding. I have 30 pages of notes, so I definitely learned a
lot and I'm so excited to go through my notes and re-read the talks!
YAY CONFERENCE!
Sorry this is short, there's a lot going on! I am so excited for this
next transfer! Excited for Sister Taylor and for the G’s to be
baptized and just everything!

Love y'all so much! Have an amazing week!

Sister Gore
🙌🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment