Sunday, March 6, 2016

Week 13: #Iwillnotforgetthee



This was my first week of not being a greenie!!! And it was absolutely
fantastic!!We found two new investigators!! And T. is progressing.
We plan to put him on date for baptism this week! So lots of prayers
for T. please!! He just has this desire to follow Christ. It's just
beautiful and inspiring. Our lesson even had a member present, which
we never had before so we are accomplishing our goals!! He couldn't
make it to church, but is coming to Book of Mormon class this week and
church next week for sure!!
Tuesday was a great day of finding!! We met a lady who opened the door
and said, "are you Mormons?" And we said "Yes!" And she said "I LOVE
MORMONS!!" So she said we could come by anytime we want!! She was sooo
sweet!! We got a referral who wanted a bible! We actually haven't met
her but we're going back this week!! We are just super excited!!
The rest of the week was filled with finding and teaching and I just
LOVE being a missionary!! I am grateful for all the people I get to
meet and interact with each day. We went over to a less-active member’s home last night and talked about what happened at church. One of the talks given
was on gratitude and she said that's exactly what she needed to hear.
We read 1 Nephi 21:15-16 about how Christ never forgets us and she
just cried and cried. She's been having a hard time feeling His love
but the Spirit testified that He loves her and will always be there.
We started reading Alma 34 and challenged her to finish it, she said
it has helped a lot already so she will. I am grateful for the Spirit that
led us to her home and that through my preparation in the morning I
was able to be a small part in helping her. It's through experiences like
those that make me especially grateful to be a missionary. To help
people find happiness and hope. I am so grateful for this gospel.
I know the church is true. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. We
have a Savior who loves each of us.
Love you
Sorry it's short this week, it's been so crazy busy
Sister Gore
🙌🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment