Thursday, November 3, 2016

Week 47: Look for the good



Monday, October 24, 2016

Lunch with Nicole & her mom!

Besties! 



         Well this week has been quite different. It is Sister Dees week 11 which means she takes lead in all actives. She calls the shots. We pretty much reversed roles, it was weird. Haha

         I have been struggling lately and so I asked a couple of the elders for a blessing. I wasn't sure what I needed to hear, but I was surprised at what came. It was exactly what I needed. I know without a doubt that Heavenly Father knows me by name and hears my prayers and knows what I need. That goes for all of us. I am so grateful for the Priesthood power. I am grateful that if I have the faith to ask, I can receive more revelation and peace.
Virginia!
        We were able to do a lot of contacting and finding this week. Well lots of finding and a little contacting. Still chugging.

        We were able to meet K. who is a former investigator. Her whole family was sick when we stopped by, but said she is interested in hearing our message about Jesus Christ. We are meeting with her tomorrow morning and we are so excited!
We were also able to see N. M. Saturday morning. It had been a solid month since we had seen him so it was past time. He showed us his watch fixing shop and oh my goodness I have never seen so many watches in my entire life!! We then started talking about how everything around us denotes that there is a God and about having proper authority within a church. He believes that the true church is either the Catholic church or the Mormon church. The only thing stopping him is a testimony of the apostasy and restoration. So we plan on teaching him that next time we go over because he said he was interested!! Yay!
We spent some time exploring Foresthill and I can honestly say it is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen...EVER! I am so beyond grateful that God has placed me here. To serve His children in the California Roseville Mission. To see miracles everyday, but also to be surrounded by some of my favorite of His creations. I feel so close to Him when I am in the mountains. 



     On Sunday, Auburn 3rd had their Primary Program. It was a full house! I had never seen so many people attend that Ward. Literally everyone and their mother came haha They did an amazing job! The spirit was so strong when those little ones sang and bore their testimonies. They sang a song called Gethsemane and did the sign language for it and it honestly made me tear up. New favorite Primary song!!  
One of the struggles is finding the balance between talking and listening to the Spirit. Sometimes I worry that if I don't say it, it won't get said. But many times I just need to relax and listen to the Spirit and something's go without saying and can just be felt. It's finding the balance that's tricky. But everything is a work in progress.

     I know Christ lives and loves us. I know God loves us and hears and answered our prayers, even if the way is unexpected. 

I invite you to look for the good in your life this week, even when life is hard. Have an attitude of gratitude and I promise you will so much happier!!
"Trust in God and believe in good things to come." -Jeffery R. holland

Love you and miss you!

Sister Emily Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment