Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Week 49: Is This Your First Area?

Monday, Nov 9, 2016

That's what I have gotten a lot this week and they look surprised when I tell them I've been out for 12 months and this is my fourth are. It's a small town so hopefully word spreads fast that I'm not a greenie, though it really shouldn't matter, should it!

Speaking of, I can't believe that this week I hit my year mark. My mission has flown by and I have loved every minute of it! I am so excited for the next 6 months to see what the Lord has in store for me! I have learned,grown and stretched. Many ups and downs but every day I strive to be better and do better to be more like my Savior! Missionary work is the best!!

Tuesday was transfer day! We had to go down to Antelope to get Sister D a tiwi card because she will driving my dear truck! We then helped be companions with other sisters for transfers! Then the N Family were so kind to drive me up to Gridley to meet my wonderful new companion Sister Cr!! 

We went to my new house and I'm in a four Sister again! We live with the Hermanas which I am pretty excited about! 

We then hit the road and made some visits! We have a lot of progressing investigators and a lot of people we visit each week. Sister Cr and Sister Co, the Sister I replaced, averaged about 30 lessons a week!!! Which is amazing! I've never had more than 20 so I am stoked to work in this area! I feel so much love and trust from Heavenly Father and President Marston. The ward was recently opened for missionaries after being closed for a long time. So I am  so excited to work super hard!

I have learned so much in Gridley!! This is an exemplary area!! The ward mission leader is one of the best I have ever had! He is on fire and just so motivated! He helps us and cares so much about us!! So I am so excited to keep working with him!
Ward mission leader, Sister Gore & Sister C.

On Thursday I went to my first mission leader council meeting (MLC) and oh my heck it was so good! I learned so much! First Sister Marston talked about the iron rod and what iron is. It's strong but it is malleable so if the iron rod is the word of God, it can be woven into our lives. It also has luster which means it gives off a gentle and soft glow. The gospel and the scriptures can also bring light into our lives if we allow them too. 

We also learned about having effective studies and how we can invite others to not just read the Book of Mormon but to study it. One idea that was given was to plan for our studies. So many times I get to my study desk and I have no idea what to study so I spend half my studies start at my wall wondering what to study. So I made a new goal that I would plan the day before what I will study the next day. I haven't started it yet but I am excited and will let you know how it goes!

Friday we did service, weekly planned and had our Fall Festival! It was so much fun to meet so many ward members. The members were super worried they were going to get someone weird, so they kept telling me and Sister Cr how happy they aren't that I'm not weird haha #yayforbeingnormal

Saturday we had a member lesson with Carissa and the E Family! We taught the Restoration and it went so well! It made me so sad thought because the only things she knew about Jesus Christ is what she learned in history class! It made my heart hurt! I loved testifying of my Savior and helping her understand the Atonement. But it was amazing to see that she believes in Christ even though she doesn't really know him. We said a kneeling prayer together and invited her to baptism. She wants to but doesn't think her parents will let her. She does plan on bringing her parents to the next lesson! So please pray for Carissa and that her parents heart will be softened!!

Sunday was so good!! I have been battling a cold and so it was hard to introduce my self to everyone because my throat hurt hecka bad! But something I love about this ward is that they prepare for the Sacrament. Before we sang the hymn, they give a spiritual thought! I loved it!!

I am having so much fun here and am so happy!! I love my Heavenly Father and I love my Savior! I was honestly nervous to come back up north but I am loving it so much!!

Love y'all!!

Sister Emily Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment