Friday, May 26, 2017

Week 76: "If it's not chocolate it's not worth going in my mouth."

Monday, May15th 2017
 
Sisters Gore & Kikel
Title of this email brought to you by Brother Kisseg. It's the truth that's for sure.

We had a really good week per usual!! Sorry this email will probably be lame so don't feel obligated to read the whole thing.

Tuesday we had District Meeting and interviews with President Marston. We were second to last to go so we were at the church for 5 hours waiting. My interview was good but really short since I'll be having an interview with him again in another two weeks.

That night we went on exchanges and I went with Sister Crowther in Rocklin 1/5. We had a BLAST on Wednesday being companions again! The highlight of my day was teaching the Restoration to their new investigator Joe. He's 17 who has kind of put himself in bad situations but who has recently allowed God into his life and he can see a big change from doing so. It felt SO good to teach the Restoration. He was all ears and committed to be baptism! This is one of my favorite lessons to teach....well all of them are my favorite....I never tire of it.
 
Sisters Gore & Crowther
Thursday was my 18th month mark!! I cannot even believe that much time has already come and gone! I am SO grateful for these 18 months that I have been able to serve the Lord with all my might, mind and strength. I have seen countless miracles and I am so grateful to know that the Lord has been walking along side me the whole time.




That night the Bishopric put on a Mother’s Day dinner for all the women in the ward. The theme was Beauty and the Beast and it was an absolute blast. It was a tribute to the women in the Ward. There was a clip of a talk that said "Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." ("The Joy of Womanhood by Margaret D. Nadauld)





I am SO grateful for all the women who have touched my life. Especially my mom. She is my best friend. She is kind, gentle, loving, SO patient, charitable, a good listener and adviser, she is a protector and overall SO Christlike. She is divine and I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for making her my mother, I really couldn't ask for a better one.

Just a couple more weeks and I'll be back with lots of the people that I love! Let's get excited!!

Love you lots!!

Sister Emily Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment